Michigan Audubon Chapter Network
Michigan Audubon’s network of 32 local chapters offer community programs and field trips, participate in local, state and national bird counts, and serve as sanctuary stewardship groups. Many chapters are also leaders in local grassroots conservation efforts. We recommend becoming a member of your local chapter to develop your birding skills or to just enjoy the camaraderie of like-minded bird enthusiasts.
Find Your Local Chapter
Select a place marker on the map for information on a local chapter of Michigan Audubon. Double-click on the map or use the zoom feature to locate the chapter closest to you.
Michigan Audubon chapters provide:
- Recreational activities in nature for both adults and school-age children;
- Monthly educational programs about birds and nature;
- Weekly field trips to Michigan’s Important Bird Areas, Michigan State Parks, and other unique natural areas;
- Volunteer opportunities for families;
- Friendships with others who love birds, wildlife, and the environment;
- Educational nature programs for people of all ages;
- A voice for protection of the environment with city, county, and state officials and agencies.
Additional details pertaining to each chapter may also be found in the list below.
- Audubon Society of Kalamazoo
- AuSable Valley Audubon, Oscoda
- Benzie Audubon Club, Frankfort
- Blue Water Audubon Society, Port Huron
- Battle Creek Brigham Audubon
- Capital Area Audubon Society, Lansing
- Chappee Rapids Audubon Society, Menominee
- Chippewa Valley Audubon Club, Mt. Pleasant
- Copper Country Audubon Club, Houghton
- Genesee Audubon Society, Flint
- Grand Rapids Audubon Club
- Grand Traverse Audubon Club, Traverse City
- Grosse Pointe Audubon Club
- Hartland Audubon Club
- Holland Audubon Club
- Huron Valley Audubon Society, Brighton
- Jackson Audubon Society
- Kirtland’s Warbler Audubon Society, Comins
- Lapeer County Audubon Society
- Laughing Whitefish Audubon Society, Marquette
- Macomb Audubon Society, Sterling Heights
- Manistee Audubon Society
- Michiana Audubon Club, White Pigeon
- Muskegon County Nature Club
- Oakland Audubon Society, Birmingham
- Owashtanong Islands Audubon Society, Grand Haven
- Petoskey Regional Audubon Society, Petoskey
- Sable Dunes Audubon Society, Pentwater
- Sault Naturalists Club, Sault Ste. Marie
- Straits Area Audubon Society, Cheboygan
- Thunder Bay Audubon Society, Alpena
- Washtenaw Audubon Society, Ann Arbor
Do you have information to update regarding your existing chapter? Click here to access the chapter update form.
Would you like to learn more about becoming an official chapter of Michigan Audubon?
Read more here: Becoming a Chapter of Michigan Audubon
If you’re ready to proceed with board consideration of your group as a new chapter, please complete the New Chapter Application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Are you interested in having a Michigan Audubon staff or board member speak at your chapter event or meeting? Filling out a form online is the best way to request staff speakers for your event. Click here to access the speaker request form. A staff member will follow up with you within two business days. Each request will be assessed based on availability, budget, purpose, and intended outcomes of the event. Requests made 90 days or more before the event are much appreciated.
Are you a chapter leader and would like to get bimonthly email updates from Michigan Audubon?